Monday 18 August 2008

Happy Tuesday

Hurray Hurray, my darling daughter has passed her driving test at last (4th attempt) so that will make her very useful at the next General Election! I hate politics, I hate meetings, I don't like Conferences much, and most of the current membership of the House of Commons, quite frankly leave me cold! But somehow, someway I keep finding myself being re-involved. It's like an addiction, one can go for weeks, sometimes months at a time convincing yourself you don't care, then, by accident you put the news on, and there it is, POLITICS. This addiction has become harder to fight over the past 5 years for which I hold my friend, Anjona Roy, wholly responsible.

So here I am, 5 years since she first stood for election, making plans for the next General Election whilst awaiting Northampton South to, hopefully, select her as their Prospective Parliamentary Candidate. Leaflets, strategy, canvassing (preferably at least 95% by polling day), the BNP (who will certainly stand against her a) because she is asian, b) because she is a woman, but mostly c) because she is Chief Exec of Northamptonshire Racial Equality Commission (REC) and gets right up their noses by actively campaigning against them), lists, stickers, bodies (the technical term for how many people will be available polling day) and where I can get more from, hence the comment about daughter and driving!, cars, drivers, loudhailers, press coverage...........

So here it is, a political blog with a difference, from the back room as it were, where the leaflets are folded, where envelopes are stuffed, where doors are knocked on and dogs chase you (not often actually), where delivery maps are drawn (I get very upset when people lose my maps!), all the 'boring' stuff that can make the difference between winning and losing. Never forget the 7 P's, Proper Preperation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

No comments: