Sunday 31 August 2008

On the Move

Well decision made, I am on the move to Northampton. By the end of the month! I haven't moved area in over 18 years and at the moment it feels a bit scary, but at least I can be useful to Anjona (I hope) and will be closer to my Dad. My Mum died at Easter and I no longer feel comfortable being so far away from him.

This is a huge decision, unfortunately the education system in Northampton at present leaves a lot to be desired and despite a great deal of effort being put in by Anjona and other Labour Party colleagues to get new schools built in areas they are most needed by local children and their families, progress (due to opposition from both the Lib Dems and the Tories) is slow, so it has been decided that my son Russell will continue with his education in Kent and be remaining with his dad for the time being (at least until GCSE's are over). This will be the hardest part, but we have phones, we will have web-cams and visits back and forth and holidays, but education is so important and to move him now would not be in his best interests.

So time to pack, god I hate packing, my daughter Justine says it is because I have a butterfly brain and stuff like packing (and unpacking!) requires a form of organisation my brain finds very hard to cope with..........

No comments: